Could SEM be your best investment?Our experience with financial services brands is deep and meaningful. We've not only learned how to pay off our student loans faster, get cheaper RV insurance, and invest our pennies wisely: we've also perfected the art of driving SEM performance for finance and insurance brands.
- We regularly focus on location as a differentiator, but it simply isn't as prominent here as it is in other industries. Most searchers are primarily seeking relevant products as well as offers that apply in their location.
- Comparison shopping rarely takes location into account, which means users are less likely to visit a physical location.
- Security is a prime concern, so well-known brands often have an advantage: they are considered to be low-risk companies.
- Simple forms and fast online quotes are the name of the game, so it's vital to remove any friction between search query and form completion.
- Negative keywords play an important role due to the large number of queries that are simply too broad to be meaningful (i.e. "insurance").
- It's smart to remarket to prospects during their consideration period, especially if you have budget constraints.
- Financial services is subject to more mobile traffic than most other sectors, so it's critical to provide a seamless mobile experience.
- Strategies should differ according to business hours: focus on driving phone calls and completed quotes when you're open, but completed quotes only when you're closed.